Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm in Tamale! I will be leaving for Bole Tuesday.
Getting here was quite the journey. We had to travel by bus from Accra to Tamale, which took 18 hours. 4 and a half of those hours were spent waiting, because our bus broke down after we'd passed Kumasi. That was pretty interesting in and of itself though. We all spent some time talking to the people on the bus with us. One of the better moments was sitting with this guy from Denver who was on the bus with us, him on a ukelele and me on a harmonica, doing a tiki hut style song while a little girl danced around us, imitating my harmonica playing.

The heat here is something else. I'm pretty much sweating the second I move. It's worse inside because the air is stagnant, you need a strong breeze to make a difference.

I've done some pretty quintessential African things already. Riding in the back of a pickup truck along a dusty road, piling 5 people into a cab, haggling with merchants on the street etc. It's an absolutely amazing experience. I could go on at length but I think I'm on a short time scale here =S I did buy my first cellphone though. I managed to drop it within 24 hours, thankfully theyre pretty resiliant. I'm sure my brother will send me an email making fun of me for that =P

Check in later!
-W

4 comments:

  1. > I managed to drop it within 24 hours

    LOL. That's all I need to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude, just wanted to pop in and say it was awesome hanging out at the house last week. i'm super pumped for you in Bole - you're gonna do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey warwick! its me shan!
    what youre living must me an awsome experience. wow! i am so proud of you. keep it up!

    oh ! and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warwick what's your # in Ghana? You are MIA!! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete